Kooday Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kooday Forum

Kooday is quickly becoming the talk of the Internet marketing community. Come share strategies, trade keywords and learn new ideas!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can't use my AlertPay deposit..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shimmi

Can't use my AlertPay deposit.. Empty
PostSubject: Can't use my AlertPay deposit..   Can't use my AlertPay deposit.. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:15 pm

I just deposited 5 dollars (4 in kooday) to my account, which naturally decreased my negative alertpay balance.. But I cant use those 4 dollars! I tried getting a 2 dollar word and I am told that I do not have enough credits! What the #%^*??
Back to top Go down
Demius

PostSubject: Re: Can't use my AlertPay deposit..   Can't use my AlertPay deposit.. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:56 pm

Make sure the right button is clicked, use the Paypal balance instead of the Alertpay balance
Back to top Go down
Darrell1211

PostSubject: Re: Can't use my AlertPay deposit..   Can't use my AlertPay deposit.. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 12:10 am

you had negative balance so your deposit just brought it up to zero - this will confuse a lot of people
Back to top Go down
Shimmi

PostSubject: Re: Can't use my AlertPay deposit..   Can't use my AlertPay deposit.. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 12:34 am

I did have a negative balance and I still do. My deposit brought it down from 173 to 169, not to 0. Unless you meant something else?

In response to the first reply, I don't have a paypal balance at the moment because I spent it all on words tonight. That's why I made another deposit, throug alertpay, which I am unable to use for some reason.. Am I alone with this?
Back to top Go down
Darrell1211

PostSubject: Re: Can't use my AlertPay deposit..   Can't use my AlertPay deposit.. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 12:48 am

you have a negative balance for alertpay because of 6 month money back guarantee - this is equal to amount of kooday dollars you bought using paypal - hence you had ap neg balance of 173 and you bought 4 kooday dollars which brings your kooday ap negative balance down to 169 which is still negative so you dont have money to spend

example - i originally spent 5 dollars from paypal to buy 4 kooday dollars - kooday has 6 month money back guarantee for the kooday dollars amount you purchased thru paypal - so i bought 4 kooday dollars - my alertpay balance is negative 4.00, to get 4.00 on kooday using alertpay i would have to spend 9 dollars - 5 dollars to purchase 4.00 kooday dollars and 4.00 to take care of my 4.00 negative alertpay balance

they have to do this or people could essentially double dip and kooday would lose lots of money!

hope this helps

Darrell
Back to top Go down
Demius

PostSubject: Re: Can't use my AlertPay deposit..   Can't use my AlertPay deposit.. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 12:53 am

Darrell1211 wrote:
you have a negative balance for alertpay because of 6 month money back guarantee - this is equal to amount of kooday dollars you bought using paypal - hence you had ap neg balance of 173 and you bought 4 kooday dollars which brings your kooday ap negative balance down to 169 which is still negative so you dont have money to spend

example - i originally spent 5 dollars from paypal to buy 4 kooday dollars - kooday has 6 month money back guarantee for the kooday dollars amount you purchased thru paypal - so i bought 4 kooday dollars - my alertpay balance is negative 4.00, to get 4.00 on kooday using alertpay i would have to spend 9 dollars - 5 dollars to purchase 4.00 kooday dollars and 4.00 to take care of my 4.00 negative alertpay balance

they have to do this or people could essentially double dip and kooday would lose lots of money!

hope this helps

Darrell

But that's unfair, because we end up paying double?

So if someone had already deposited $1000 through Paypal and it shows ($1000) in Alertpay, does that mean that the person has to pay the $1000 for the Alertpay to make it 0?

Why should we pay for the switchover?
Back to top Go down
Darrell1211

PostSubject: Re: Can't use my AlertPay deposit..   Can't use my AlertPay deposit.. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:03 am

also read post "wow the brakes have been put on!"
Back to top Go down
Darrell1211

PostSubject: Re: Can't use my AlertPay deposit..   Can't use my AlertPay deposit.. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:14 am

But that's unfair, because we end up paying double?
thats the red herring that is out there and not addressed and has slowed everything down!

So if someone had already deposited $1000 through Paypal and it shows ($1000) in Alertpay, does that mean that the person has to pay the $1000 for the Alertpay to make it 0?

cut and paste from kooday news on their main page about this

September 1/2010

The Alertpay switchover for Keyword purchases is in effect. PayPal will no longer be an option to buy Kooday Dollars.

You will see two balances in your backoffice.

One will be - your "Kooday Paypal Dollars" the other will be your "Kooday AlertPay Dollars"

Your opening Kooday/Alertpay Dollars will likely reflect a negative balance unless you did not fund at all through Paypal.

This negative balance will be equal to how much you funded your account with through Paypal. So --- for example:

Let's say you funded your Kooday account with $400 through Paypal. That will mean your ALERTPAY BALANCE will reflect a

negative of that amount
ie.negative -$400.

Why? The reason is simple. It is to prevent possible fraud.

The fact is -- that whatever amount you funded your account with - through Paypal - you can receive a refund of up to 6

months.

Understand -- that - if Kooday did not place your Alertpay into a negative balance equaling the amount you could receive as a

refund through Paypal - then you could conceivably use the system for over 5 months --- all the while collecting money from

Kooday and then turn around and still get a refund from Paypal. Kooday has blocked the ability to defraud using this tatic.

This way - should you not wish to continue - you can receive a refund from Paypal with no problem. You can also wait and

simply do nothing and watch to see what will happen and then still ask for a refund up to 6 months. It should also be

mentioned that this 6 month refund policy is Paypal's as well as Kooday's and that it is Paypal who holds Kooday's collateral

for the 6 month period so that any refund requests made during this time can be honoured. It is in fact a legal liabililty

that Paypal has.

Point is there is no need to do anything if you are uncomfortable and wish to watch to find out how things develope with

Kooday.

So - to recap - whatever you funded through Paypal will reflect as a negative in your Alertpay opening balance - if you put

in $400 - it will show -$400 in your Alertpay/Kooday account.

Why should we pay for the switchover?

we dont have all the info and they are going to address this in a couple of days

another cut and paste from kooday news on main page

Information on how to swap out PayPal for AlertPay information will be posted Thursday.

More details will be posted soon.(hopefully tomorrow)

----

the point you make are what i think they will be addressing - especially the pay for it both in paypal and in alertpay

i can see in this situation kooday is doing their best in a really bad curve ball paypal has thrown them - i know it will be worked out
Back to top Go down
Shimmi

PostSubject: Re: Can't use my AlertPay deposit..   Can't use my AlertPay deposit.. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:19 am

So basically I just threw my $5 in the wind since I cant use them? Theres not a chance I'm paying off my whole negative balance in order to be able to spend my deposits again. They gotta work this out..
Back to top Go down
Darrell1211

PostSubject: Re: Can't use my AlertPay deposit..   Can't use my AlertPay deposit.. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:26 am

no when they reconcile paypal/alertpay you will have your 4.00 - ok? you didnt lose it they just have to reconcile the 2 amounts and thats what we are waiting on.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shimmi

PostSubject: Re: Can't use my AlertPay deposit..   Can't use my AlertPay deposit.. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:47 am

Alright then I'm a happy camper!
Back to top Go down
Darrell1211

PostSubject: Re: Can't use my AlertPay deposit..   Can't use my AlertPay deposit.. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 2:00 am

thats good - and this is a very good thing - as i said i have dealt with paypal for years and sometimes they are a necessary evil but to not have to use them....hooray! Very Happy

i have many more opinons on paypal but will not share them here! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't use my AlertPay deposit..   Can't use my AlertPay deposit.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Can't use my AlertPay deposit..
Page 1 of 1